Have you been to Boomdeeadda’s Music Monday before? It’s where I post an Artist I fancy with hopes you’ll throw me a bone. A musical bone that is. As in, what are you listening too these days? If you’ve missed it, here’s who we’ve listened to so far:
- week 1 we heard Aussie band Tin Pan Orange
- week 2 we went to Ireland to have a listen to sweet Lisa Hannigan
- week 3 we skipped over to Scotland for indie pop duo Camera Obscura
- week 4 was the laid back sounds of Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar
- week 5 back to the US of A with the Indigo Girls
Week 6, is ginger haired Ed Sheeran who calls England home. If you haven’t heard of this young singer songwriter, you soon will. He’s only 20 years old and already making a name for himself. Ed’s music can be very street smart, it’s not always a message you want to hear. Yep, the worlds a messy place. But Ed Sheeran deliver’s it with a soulful angst that is surprising for his age. Check out his My Space Page ( listen to Firefly) for a peek at his other video’s.
Some other favorites of mine are: A Team, U.N.I, Small Bump and Autumn Leaves. Here, he play’s it unplugged in a park accompanied by some sweet singing birdies in the background. Take a listen, let me know what you think.