I want to tell you about a wonderful new Blog I’ve just began to know. Arlen Shahverdyan is a writer, poet and artist (painter). I was drawn to his stories for the mutual love of nature, animals and the environment. On August 27th, Arlen had the honor of his novel Right To Live, about wildlife conservation in Africa, catalogued in the Library of Congress, Washington, D.C. His Blog is written in two language’s, so that’s quite fantastic.
Arlene was kind enough to nominate me for the ‘One Lovely Blog Award’. In the past, like many of you, I shy away from awards, but I happily accepted the opportunity to introduce you to Arlen’s Blog. It was through Arlen’s Blog that I was also introduced to Zoologist Kevin Richardson, his photo album will leave you speechless. Nature is so beautiful and humbling. I wish to thank Arlen for the nomination and for his work and writings on animal conservation. Wishing you all the best.
Here are the rules for the One Lovely Blog Award:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to him/her in your post.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Nominate 15 bloggers you admire.
4. Leave a comment on each of these blogs letting them know they’ve been nominated.
- I’d like to get back to playing guitar. My dad gave me one as a birthday gift many years ago. I played for a period of time then set it aside. I could never part with it and now have time to make a better effort than when I was young.
- I took figure skating lessons until I was 13. I didn’t have the desire to excel but the outfits made me happy.
- I’m pretty frightened on a plane and have to psych myself up so as not to ‘freak out’ and scare people (or embarrass Mr B)
- My favorite vacation was to Venice, Italy. I thought it was the most magical place on earth. I think everyone should try to see it at least once. I hope it can be preserved.
- I took diving lessons when I was 8. I was somewhat accomplished and fearless at the time. I might think twice about it now.
- There’s nothing I dread more than shopping. I avoid malls and shopping centers at all costs. I buy clothes where I get groceries. A friend told me he thought that was “very efficient of me”. I laughed.
- My favorite saying is “I must exercise compassion, help the fallen to their feet, be a friend to the friendless, help make an empty life complete. Words to aspire too.
Fifteen Outstanding Bloggers You Need To Know About (in random order)
- Gardening Nirvana – Gardening Nirvana: pics and prose
- Fashion One Hundred Years Ago – A personal collection of fashion pictures
- It’s A Pussy Cat’s Life …..and don’t we know it
- “Smackiland” & Beyond – Idyll chatter, bitter rants and life in the style aisle
- The Lonely Dogs A collection of stories and photo’s about 23 rescue dogs
- Marking Our Territory – Follow our road trip as we look for the best pet-friendly places in America
- The Pyjama Gardener Simple Organic Gardening and Seasonal Living
- Sew Busy Lizzy – She sews by the seashore
- Nikitaland’s Blog – A day in the life of a dog named Nikita
- Sweet Chariot – Opportunity, independence and the joys of the open road
- Rumpy Dog I’m a dog with a unique perspective on human life
- Hands On Bowie – You know, it’s cool for cats
- That Mid-Century Fella – tribulations of being born in the wrong century
- Luvaloo – craziness and happiness and creativity
- Canadian Hiking Photography – Great photo’s and humor too
Thank’s to all of you, I’m having a great time at Boomdeeadda. Your visits and comments are so appreciated.