Have you started to think about Christmas yet? The whole gift shopping thing is almost too daunting. I for one, am not a willing shopper. I generally go about it like a crazed bank robber. Race in, get what’s on the list and run out the door.
Hence, I always try to make some part of a gift. I don’t know if people like receiving homemade gifts (I always do) but making them is sure fun. Much more fun than going to a mall. Here’s a little gift idea I recently made for a favorite gal. You might already have what you need at home.
I thought it was really cute when I spotted it on Pinterest. Penelope at Modern Minerals also made a really cute button wreath, you can see all the details at her site. I choose aqua, seafoam and lime green buttons, but you could make it any color under the rainbow. Why not your favorite color combination?
Here’s how Boomdee did it
- Pick out 14 buttons in gratuated sizes in a color(s) you fancy, including a star
- Lay out your button combination from smallest to largest
- Pick out five small buttons all the same size for the tree trunk
- Cut a piece of twine 18 inches long
- starting with the trunk, string twine through buttons one at a time
- when you add the first ‘tree’ button, tie it to secure
- Continue stacking all your buttons on your twine
- Top with a Star shaped button and tie
A little button tree for someone you adore
Are you thinking about Christmas Yet?