It’s been a good long while since we had a Boomdeeadda Music Monday. It’s where I post an new Artist I fancy with hopes you’ll pass along someone you’re listening to. If you’re catching up, here’s who we’ve listened to so far:
- week 1 we heard Aussie band Tin Pan Orange
- week 2 we went to Ireland to have a listen to sweet Lisa Hannigan
- week 3 we skipped over to Scotland for indie pop duo Camera Obscura
- week 4 was the laid back sounds of Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar
- week 5 back to the US of A with the Indigo Girls
- week 6 we crossed the pond to England for Ed Sheeran
I decided I needed a Week 7 to introduce ‘The Lumineers‘. This indy-rock threesome, ‘heart-on-your-sleeve’ style have earned them devote fans. I can’t get enough of them. I love the sing along, feel good spirit of their music. They’re currently touring the US and early in 2013 they’ll be touring overseas. Maybe you’re lucky enough to live in one of the stops? I sure wish they were coming here.
Their bio describes them as “Born out of sorrow, powered by passion, ripened by hard work, The Lumineers have found their sound when the world needs it most.” I couldn’t agree more.
“It’s better to feel pain, than never feel at all. The opposite of love’s indifference”
Stubborn Love by The Lumineers, take a listen:
You might also like, ‘Ho Hey’ by The Lumineers
What are you listening too lately?