I hadn’t bought any iTunes for a while but was looking for some new tunes to put on my iPod before I head off to sunny San Francisco, California. It’s kind of like making a mixed tape before a road trip 😀 Remember those?
If this is your first Music Monday at Boomdeeadda, it’s where I post an Artist I fancy with hopes you’ll pass along someone you’re listening to. Here’s who we’ve listened to so far:
- week 1 we heard Aussie band Tin Pan Orange
- week 2 we went to Ireland to have a listen to sweet Lisa Hannigan
- week 3 we skipped over to Scotland for indie pop duo Camera Obscura
- week 4 was the laid back sounds of Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar
- week 5 back to the US of A with the Indigo Girls
- week 6 we crossed the pond to England for Ed Sheeran
- week 7 still a favourite, from America The Lumineers
I’ve just discovered Tristan Prettyman via Jay Leno one night. When she sang ‘Say Anything’, I was immediately hooked and replayed it several times. I love when songs do that to me and had to share it with you.
If I could say anything, anything
What would it be?
A good question for a distant reality
I would tell you that I love you
Even when it didn’t show
I would tell you that I love you baby,
By now I hope you know.
Written by Steven S Miller, David Hodges, Tristan Prettyman
I found this fab video by Caitlin VanDeWeghe set to Tristan’s song. With a beach flavour and inspirational messages sprinkled thru out, it was perfect for my trip. See you there!